Steam is one of the most popular gaming platforms for PC gamers. It offers a wide range of games, from indie titles to AAA titles, and provides a seamless gaming experience. However, sometimes gamers may encounter issues with running games in fullscreen mode. In this article, we will discuss how to fullscreen a Steam game.
1. Check Game Settings
The first step in fullscreening a Steam game is to check the game settings. Most games have an option to switch between windowed and mode. To access the game settings, launch the game and navigate to the options menu. Look for an option that says “Fullscreen” or “Windowed” and select the appropriate option.
If the game does not have an option to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode, try pressing the Alt + Enter keys on your keyboard. This keyboard shortcut will toggle between windowed and fullscreen mode.
2. Change Steam Launch Options
If changing the game settings does not work, try changing the launch options in Steam. Launch options are command-line arguments that can be added to the game’s launch parameters to modify its behavior. To change the launch options, follow these steps:
1. Open Steam and navigate to your game library.
2. Right-click on the game you want to fullscreen and select “Properties.”
3. Click on the “Set Launch Options” button.
4. In the text box, type “-fullscreen” (without the quotes) and click “OK.”
This will force the game to launch in fullscreen mode. If this does not work, try adding “-windowed” instead to launch the game in windowed mode.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can cause issues with running games in fullscreen mode. To update your graphics drivers, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + X and select “Device Manager.”
2. Expand the “Display adapters” category.
3. Right-click on your graphics card and select “Update driver.”
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your graphics drivers.
After updating your graphics drivers, try launching the game in fullscreen mode again.
4. Disable Third-Party Software
Third-party software, such as antivirus programs or screen recording software, can interfere with running games in fullscreen mode. To disable third-party software, follow these steps:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
2. Click on the “Startup” tab.
3. Disable any third-party software that may interfere with running games in fullscreen mode.
4. Restart your computer.
After disabling third-party software, try launching the game in fullscreen mode again.
In conclusion, running games in fullscreen mode on Steam can sometimes be a challenge. However, by following the steps outlined in this article, you can troubleshoot and resolve any issues you may encounter. Remember to check the game settings, change Steam launch options, update graphics drivers, and disable third-party software if necessary. With these tips, you can enjoy your favorite games in fullscreen mode without any issues.